I love to cook. But sometimes when your not feeling up to par I like something healthy and fast without ordering take out.
This dish is on the table in no time.
Pasta and Chimichurri
•16oz angel hair pasta
•1 1/2 cup parsley
•2 fresh basil leaves
•4 cloves garlic
•Juice of half a lemon (1-2 tbsp)
•1 cup olive oil
•2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
•½ tsp ground black pepper
•Salt to taste
•Parmesan for topping (optional)
1. In a large pot of salted water, cook pasta 1 minute less than package instructions
2. Drain pasta
3. In a food processor, combine parsley, basil,, garlic, lemon juice, red pepper flakes and olive oil until a pesto-like sauce forms.
4. Put pasta back in (slightly cooled) pot and pour 1/4 cup sauce over the pasta. Toss with tongs until evenly coated.Add more if required.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste and toss.
6. Top with parmesan, if desired.
Store any unused sauce in frig in airtight mason jar. Store up to 2 weeks
Sauce can also be used on chicken, turkey ,beef,fish or shrimp as a marinade.
I also make my sauce the day before so flavors get in the oil.
Tip when I would use on steak or chicken with a twist I also would add 1 roasted jalapeño and also add 1 handful of cilantro to above mixture.
You must be logged in to post a comment.