Since I took herbology classes which I love! I love learning to me new things but actually this form of natural medicine has been around for thousands of years.
My teacher is a Board Certified Naturopath DN
She is very interesting
I feel blessed to have her as a teacher and grateful I found this class.
I enjoy her classes and could listen to her for hours.
But she not only teaches she inspired me , and I’m sure others as well.
I now read every label ,
I make so many of my own tinctures and pain rubs. And it saves money.
I am more mindful of what I put in my body.
So I made my own sore throat / cough medicine. I take this during allergy season.
The deal is that pineapple contains the enzyme bromelain, which is a natural anti-inflammatory, and it’s been proven to help control coughing and mucus.
I mixed it with ginger, another natural anti-inflammatory, honey, a throat soother, warming chili pepper, and astringent lemon to make a potent but delicious cough remedy.
At the first sign of a tickle in my throat, I mix up a batch and keep it in the fridge. Take it as often as needed; it will give you a nutrition boost with each dose! It’s easy to mix up in a blender, and it will keep in the fridge for at least a week or more.
* 2 thick slices of fresh pineapple, peel removed, but core intact (about two good cups)
* 1 Tbsp honey
* 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
* a thumb sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced or rough chopped
* juice of 1 lemon 🍋 Instructions
1. Give the pineapple a rough chop, including the core, which is not only edible but particularly healthy.
2. Blend everything up in a blender or food processor until smooth.
3. Use as is, or push the mixture through a mesh strainer to get a smoother syrup.
4. I Keep in the refrigerator and I take as needed.
* DO NOT EVER give anything with honey to children under 2 years old.
* If you have a persistent cough, seek medical attention.
* This is not medical advice just information on things I’ve learned and tried for myself based on herbology classes.
You must be logged in to post a comment.