WHAT MAKES THESE COOKIES SPECIAL
Thanks to the butter and vanilla in the recipe, these cookies melt in your mouth. Their flavor tastes like a celebration of butter, sugar, and vanilla. Since they’re rolled in powder sugar before baking, they’re left with a very light glaze that’s pretty special too!
And also below is a Vegan Iced cookie that you can use for any holiday not just Christmas.
• 3/4 cup finely ground white rice flour (3 ounces; 85 grams)
• 1/4 cup potato starch (1 ounce; 28 grams)
• 1/4 cup sweet rice flour (1 ounce; 28 grams)
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup granulated sugar (3 1/2 ounces; 100 grams)
• 6 tablespoons butter, softened (3 ounces; 85 grams)
• 1 large egg (1 3/4 ounces; 50 grams)
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 3 cups powdered sugar (12 ounces; 340 grams)
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2 Whisk together white rice flour, potato starch, sweet rice flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
3 In bowl of stand mixer, cream together butter and granulated sugar until well combined, about 45 seconds.
4 Add egg. Cream until thoroughly incorporated. Be sure to stop mixer and scrape down sides and bottom of bowl at least once.
5 Stop mixer. Add whisked dry ingredients. Turn mixer to medium-low. Mix until a dough forms.
6 Chill dough for ten minutes.
7 Scoop dough, about two teaspoons each, and toll into balls. Roll dough balls into powdered sugar. Place cookies, about two inches apart, on prepared baking pan.
8 Bake cookies for 12-15 minutes or until cookies are firm and edges are golden brown. Transfer cookies to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining dough.
Vegan Iced Sugar Cookies
• 1 1/2 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
• 3/4 cup potato starch (not potato flour)
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon guar gum
• 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 cup Earth Balance Soy Free Spread, melted
• 3 tablespoons almond milk
• 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
• 3 cups powdered sugar (Wholesome! brand is grain-free)
• 1/2 cup Earth Balance Spread
• 2 1/2 tablespoons almond milk
• 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• Food coloring, sprinkles +royal icing (options in Tips section in post above)
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2 In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, potato starch, sugar, guar gum + baking soda.
3 Add butter, almond milk + vanilla extract. Work wet ingredients into dry ingredients until dough forms, let dough sit 5 minutes, it will be a bit sticky.
4 Roll dough out in between 2 pieces of parchment paper (this way, it will not stick to rolling pin).
5 Cut out desired shapes, lift and peel cookies and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10-12 minutes. They will be soft in the middle. Let them cool for 15 minutes uninterrupted before transferring them to a plate. Let them cool completely before decorating.
6 While cookies are cooling, blend frosting ingredients together. Then place frosting into a piping bag and decorate as desired. Store any leftovers in an airtight container. Enjoy!
You must be logged in to post a comment.