If you love lemon you will love this cake.
* 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
* 2 Tablespoons lemon zest
* 5 Tablespoons lemon juice (from 2 large lemons)
* 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
* 1/3 cup Olive Oil I do not use evoo just regular olive oil
* 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour OR 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour AND 1 cup all-purpose flour. I use all wheat pastry flour
* 1 tsp. baking soda
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 1/2 cup powdered sugar
* Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
* In a small bowl, whisk together almond milk, lemon zest, and 1 T. lemon juice; set aside to blend for 5 minutes.
* Meanwhile, combine sugar and olive oil in a large bowl. Whisk in milk mixture.
* In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Fold into milk mixture and stir until just incorporated.
* Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean with a few crumbs attached, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven and cool at least 10 minutes in the pan.
* Remove put on a cooling rack set over a baking sheet and cool completely.
* Meanwhile, whisk together remaining 2 T. lemon juice and powdered sugar until smooth. Pour over cooled cake, allowing excess to drip off the cake onto the baking sheet beneath. Slice and serve.
This looks yummy!! I love lemon and I think I will try making this.
LikeLiked by 1 person